Sunday 29 August 2010

wet and rainy on the fifth...

Photographing weddings can be very tiring though the day goes very quickly. I did another one today at Wokefield Park, which housed a 17th century mansion as the wedding venue. The weather was quite promising though it looked cloudy. Towards the end of the day it did rain, but I'll get to that bit later.

I met up with Stuart at 12 and took some photos of the room where the wedding was being held. We also set up the tri-pod for the ceremony and then went to find the bride. She was in her hotel room and panicking over her make-up. She was such a character (from Liverpool and had travelled far) and it was surprising to find a bride who didn't like make up. The norm of the female world love it and to find someone who doesn't like it that much came as a surprised. I'm not a fan myself. A touch of eye-shadow,mascara and lip gloss is enough for me
We briefly took some pictures of Jenna in her A-line swishy dress before we went downstairs and waited for the bridesmaids to come. There were some really nice stairs that Stuart shot of the girls which looked really nice in the soft window light. The ceremony then began.

Of course I stood in my place (at the back) and snapped at the usual. I managed to take in what Stuart had said earlier about yesterday. Yes, he definitely noticed that I was off centre. That was fine as I was prepared for it. There was a red carpet to define the aisle so I managed to find the center of the that and shot from there. I managed to focus where I had to position the camera before I took any pictures. I was quite proud of my effort as I took a good sequence of the "I do kiss". I hope Stuart liked them, as I don't think he has seen them yet.

The guests then had their drinks and we good the newlyweds to their private photoshoot location. It was different and exciting today as we were to go on a golf-cart to the lake. The mansion has huge gardens and a golf course so the cart was the best way to get around. The weather was turning for the worst with wind blowing in all directions. We got few pictures of the couple but making sure the dress didn't blow about was a problem. Not long after we started it began to rain and we ran back to the golf cart. It was such a shame because the wedding yesterday was so sunny and Emma and Matthew had such a good photoshoot in the trees and grass.
Jenna and Kevin were of course unlucky which un-balanced the order of plan. We were to do the group photos next to finish off. The rain got heavier which caused a problem. After discussing with the venue organisers we managed to move the wedding breakfast forward so the group photos could be after. The sun came out and we managed to fit in the main group photo and the sides of the families. Jenna stood on a red carpet as she didn't want her dress to get any muddier.

It had just gone 4 and it was time for me to go. Stuart on the other hand had to go home and get some equipment before going back to the venue to finish of any other photos.
It was a good day and I was worried it would have been too much like yesterday. It wasn't which was good. The couples were different, so was the weather.

You think that just because it is someone's wedding, it should be sunny. It won't always be.



Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

No comments:

Post a Comment