Friday 18 May 2012

Photography and the recipe of life...





It's amazing to think that I just completed my first year at University, my 'Freshman' year. I didn't quite feel like a freshman, simply because there is such a range of people, whether that be age, race, sexuality and beyond who were first years' too. It wasn't like at school when you could pretty much define each year, particularly by their maturity. University has a much more mature approach and you can barely tell which year is which, and there is no need to, because there is such a blend and an acceptance.

I remember last year and how I was, nervous but excited about going to University to study Photography. I never imagined in just one year that I would have learned so much already. I never imagined I would have bought a film camera or be able to make prints in the darkroom. I have been introduced to the studio equipment and learned about what pictures really communicate and how the confusion of f-stops and aperture is dissolving into thin air.

Before I know it, I will be out there in the industry. The excitement of work with photographers and re-touchers sparks me with such enthusiasm. And even though it can be a chocolatly rich indulgence and dream, it doesn't mean to say there will be a few crunchy areas that will be hard to get your teeth around, however there will always be the soft pink fluffy marshmallows to catch you when you fall. Life in the real world is simply the recipe of a Rocky Road. It will taste right if you approach it that way.

2 comments:

  1. Life is a rocky road. I LOVE that! It's brilliant and so true! There are rocky bits, but there are also the soft marshmallowy bits for you to rest on every once in a while. Another very insightful and very accurate post my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you comments, as always :)

    ReplyDelete