Saturday 26 February 2011

Seeing beauty in the most depressive of weathers...






Took a trip down to Devon with my family this week and though it was rainy and cloudy I still saw the beauty in the countryside and my surroundings there. I love the coastal areas. The fresh sea air that captivates and revitalizes the lungs, the wind wrapping itself round your hair. It smells like freedom.

With the pictures I took the weather offered me the perfect opportunity to capture dramatic monotone shades. I love black and white. There is something very classical and vintage about them that excites me. I remember I used to hate black and white film because I was always so curious to know what colours the subjects were wearing, the colour of their hair, eyes and skin, but now I love how black complements white and all the many shades of grey in between. I definitely see art there. However, there is always a time and place for black and white, and getting it wrong can destroy the aesthetics of a photograph. So in a way I was lucky that the skies were dramatic and could capture what old Torquay and Teignmouth may have been like. I am not a fan of historic matters but the history of a place and a photography interest me so much.







Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photosin my blog andmore then click the followinglink:http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

2 comments:

  1. See, history is interesting! I told you so. ;)
    Haha but you're right, you can see beauty in such weird places sometimes and it's so refreshing when that happens. I love it. Another inspiring post, my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, dear one ;) x

    ReplyDelete