Sunday 1 August 2010

Wedding at number 3...

Yesterday I went to my third wedding shoot. As it is Summer and it's warm as it's ever going to be in England; it is a popular time for weddings.

The wedding took place in Ufton Court, where there were beautiful gardens and a decorated barn for the ceremony.

Stuart and I started at his house and drove down to see the bride prepare herself, and take some pictures of her dress and accessories. I always get a buzz because everyone in the house is always in a good mood and the bridesmaids look forward to wearing their dresses. For a moment you feel like you are apart of the family and it's special to feel like a witness to the bride and grooms special day.
Though I didn't take any pictures at this stage, I paid a close eye on Stuarts photography and he again helped with the tips.

At 12.15 we needed to get to Ufton Court so we could set ourselves up for the wedding. The barn was absolutely gorgeous with it's beams covered in ivory and fairy lights. The chairs were covered in the classic white sheeting and caressed with royal blue ribbon.
My first job was to set up the tri-pod that Stuart was going to need during the ceremony. Like the first wedding, I was to stand at the back and take a few shots, while Stuart would take the main ones. He informed me to not to take so many photos but to pick out the key moments, where they kiss and exchange the rings.

After the ceremony, the guests went to have their champagne, and Stuart and I went around the crowd taking candid shots. I thought of taking a really nice one of the band as Stuart hadn't taken one and he requested for me to do one, just before I told him I had already taken it.

The tips I was really given this time, was to be more swift, such as when the bride is having a photo taken, I should straight away arrange her dress and get the reflector prepared etc. This came in useful when he took the newlyweds to their white ribboned car and had a few photos at the front of the house.

Next we took them to the back of the house and gave them their mini photo-shoot, again I tried to incorporate the efficiency of each element I needed to do. I was getting used to knowing which equipment comes where during the day. There always seems to be a main tree where the bride and groom and asked to lean on and I know then that I have to hold the reflector up and use the silver side as that reflects more light than the gold.

Stuart used his panorama group photo again, where he had said that I could help arrange the people into the line, but by the time we got round to it he just wanted me to set up the tri-pod and unknot the string. I was slightly disappointed at that because I thought it would boost my confidence a bit talking to people I don't know. I think he must have felt I wasn't ready for that as I have quite a quiet voice at times. I just hope that I will be louder in the future.

We were due to finish at 4, so the guests have the wedding breakfast and that was how much the bride and groom had paid for.

It was a good day, though it was long and hot but I did enjoy myself.









Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

No comments:

Post a Comment