Saturday 4 September 2010

Bunkfest Festival...familiarity and contentment [Day 2 of 3]

It has been so refreshing this weekend, taking my own pictures with my own camera. I feel so at home.

Today was the second day of the Bunkfest festival and arriving this time made me feel more confident with what I had to achieve because of the familiarity I'd been met with yesterday.
I focused more on the afternoon and evening events as my main job was to capture the live bands in the pubs. No I didn't tie them to chairs, but you know what I mean from a Photography point of view.

There are many pubs around Wallingford so I knew there would have to be a bit organising going on. I am not the best organiser but before I headed out today I got a highlighter and underlined the things I needed to do and the pubs I needed to visit. Ha my job sounds so easy, but no alcohol was involved, sadly.

I began at the George Hotel, as there were workshops I had to take pictures. First off there was a music and song workshop, with a group of three people singing operatically with their soprano voices and telling the audience what there journey was to be a singer. To be honest I wasn't that interested and that comes from a person who sings everyday because she enjoys it so much. I was really expecting little children or early teens working together, writing and performing songs, hmm not so much. I didn't stay in there very long and got enough shots to prove evidence and then I headed out to the courtyard where the supposed to be dancers. (I saw no dancers) Instead there was a man dressed in Medieval attire with an unusual instrument - the name has slipped my mind. He was quite a character in himself and I found his music and comedy more intriguing than the previous workshop, as I got many photos of him.

Next there was a theatre group who told a story through change of costume etc. The acting was okay but I managed to get better photos.
Mid-way through the performance I decided I had enough and moved onto my next venue - the Old Post Office. To be confusing, it is now a pub, hence why it is called the "OLD" post office. There were a couple bands playing and as I was inside I had a practice at changing the ISO and figuring out the depth of field and aperture ( I still need work on that, where's Stuart when I need him?) Anyway, some of the shots came out a little blurred, due to the focus but after a while I got the hang of it and started moving around to get some interesting angles.

After the two bands, I continued on to the next pub (on the pub crawl), where me and the family had some burgers and chips for our dinner - yeah I brought them along to.
Soon after eating some groups were performing on the live stage outside in the garden. It was a lovely atmosphere and I started to feel really comfortable moving around, capturing the artists expressions and hardly a blur insight. I think the "press badge" is really working to feel more like a real photographer and I'm looking forward to showing the Stuart the photos once I have edited them.

The day ended when the battery of my camera went flat and the sun had just gone down. Now I have the happy job or cropping and tweeking.

I'll put some photos on again once they are done.





Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

No comments:

Post a Comment