Monday 25 January 2010

An Almost Dream...?



When you want to achieve happiness it doesn't always come easy. You may be blessed with that once in a life time chance to live up to your aspirations and dreams.

On Saturday the 23rd, so two days ago, I was given that opportunity. My Dad knows a photography, and we had a family portrait done four years ago. Back then I wasn't interested in Photography, I didn't know a family friend would be able to give me the chance to make my dream come true.

My Dad and I went along because I needed a new passport photo and Stuart provided this in his home studio. After the mini shoot, we sat down and had a cup of tea and chatted about my interest in becoming a photographer. As I haven't been around to update my blog lately I haven't mentioned that a ten day work experience is required in my course. In our tutor session we wrote down what area of work we would like to work. I of course, chose a photographers studio. At the time I had no idea that just within five days I would get an offer and a one day Photography Course that goes back the basics and covers the essential skills you need. This sounded like a dream come true, and the tiny condition could cause a problem was the least out of our minds on our way home.

The thing is checks may be acquired such as health and safety. I received a reply to my email that I sent yesterday about thanking and interesting in working for Stuart temporarily. The reply was one of those heart-sinking, loss of hope kind of emails. Something along the lines of that if the checks have to go through then it will cause a hassle and the work experience not probable.

So I am stuck in that stage at the moment and lost as to whether I should keep up the optimism or lay low and be patient.

I will have to wait and see what happens.


Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

No comments:

Post a Comment