Sunday 7 November 2010

inspriation and photography


Inspiration can never be wasted in my eyes. I have probably mentioned this before but it is just one of those things. My spark of inspiration is so short lived and can only stay pure for a limited amount of time. Frustrating isn't it?

I know I have had some absence from blogger and by no means intentional. The thing is, it is has not been that I haven't had anything to talk about, but the fact that I have been so busy, I haven't been able to find the time.

As we are now in the depths of Autumn, it is my favourite season for new beginnings and sweeping away sorrows that were once of yesterday. I have a metaphorical connection with Autumn and has a lot has happened that I would like to share with you.


- Firstly I have begun my second and final year at college and I am beginning to learn about commission and advertising that will be useful in the real world.University is only around the corner so I have been working on my application and personal statement to show how intrigued I am with photography and what is means to me through my expressions of work.

- Secondly, following on with prep for uni, I have had a look at some of the Higher Education Colleges and Universities that teach Photography Foundation degrees. I am not going to lie but I really don't know that much about the technical and commercial sides of Photography, so this is why I am going to uni, to learn about this stuff.

-Thirdly as part of my Creative and Media Diploma, I have finally been given a unit were I can work freely and create what I want, that expresses my views on life and society in general. The unit is called Extended Project and it includes a lot of production and development work to create a piece that is targeted at a certain audience or a message that you want to perceive. I am combining a bit of both and expressing my message through photography, by create a collage piece of the different stereotypes of teens. I feel ever so strongly about this because at college everywhere I go you get all these people who want to fit in and dress and act in a certain way. I know sometimes even I fit into this category but, who doesn't, its human nature. However I feel though that there are different degrees of trying to feel accepted and I try my best to dress in what I feel is comfortable and dress and appear how I think I am. A reflection of the person inside...

I should probably wrap it up from here and get on with that weedy coursework that I have to do in order to go to uni and start a life in the real world.


Fun times..

Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, inspiration comes in a flash and then disappears and you're left thinking "Wait... what?"

    I think we all have more than one person inside us, and it's about choosing the one you want to represent you on a permanent basis. People judge so easily on appearances and it's not fair, because we could be anybody, just like they could. I'm rambling now I think.

    I find your blog very interesting, even though I don't know what you're talking about half the time... but I guess that's the same for you when I ramble about English on my blog. Your writing is very easy to engage with though, and that's why I like it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Its nice to have someone to share my writing with. Talking about inspiration I have you have inspired to write a second blog about my thoughts and life in general, so yeah I have three things on the go at the moment, but I guess thats why I love it.

    ReplyDelete