Monday 14 May 2012

The triple threat: portraiture, still-life and interiors...



I have combined still-life, interiors and a little bit of portraiture and I have enjoyed composing them, even with a few set-backs along the way.  I always found motivation with personal projects at home really hard, which is why I have enjoyed education. I get given a theme and then I can do my own thing with it. Early mornings are never an excitement but at the same time it gives you a buzz because it something to do in your life. The Summer Holidays are creeping up and as enjoyable as they are for a while, you want to get back to the work or even out into the world to do work and start a career. It bothers me that people complain about how little they come in to University for the amount they have paid for but they should have known this when they applied. Why complain over something you have chosen? It's an ironic topic to talk about but then it is something very immature in the first place that would not need to be complained about.

Whatever you choose in life, enjoy it as much as you can

So stay positive.


Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

2 comments:

  1. You're very right about this time of year being very busy and good for you that you don't leave it to the last minute! I love those photos, especially the one of the little man trying to climb the stairs. It's almost like he's a little tiny person in a giant world and he's just trying to climb all these obstacles to find his place, much like we are right now. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I was definitely going for something like that. I guess it was also a metaphor for this time in our lives where we want to break free but it can be quite overwhelming just being "a tiny person in a giant world". I like that. :)

    ReplyDelete