Monday 30 January 2012

Jimmy Lens + combinations

I recently did a post on the John S Lens for the Hipstamatic camera, for iPhone and iPod Touch. As well as my 365 photo project with this app, I am also going through each lens, film and flash, exploring the effects of each one. With each of these lenses comes a selection of films that the Hipstamatic Field Guide suggests the optimum combinations for the certain lens. In addition I will be updating this post from time to time with new combinations that I have discovered.

Hipstamatic
Jimmy Lens
Alfred Infared Film

Alfred Infrared Film
This film is part of the Camden Hipstapak that creates some lovely warm hues. My subject today is my stripy fluffy socks and compliments the Jimmy Lens very well. 


Hipstamatic
Jimmy Lens
BlacKeys SuperGrain Film

BlacKeys SuperGrain Film
Another member of the Camden Hipstapak. Any BlacKeys films are said to go well with the Jimmy Lens

Hipstamatic 
Jimmy Lens
Float Film
Hipstamatic
Jimmy Lens
Float Film

Float Film
(Shibuya Hipstapak) Though it is suggested, I'm personally not too keen on the extreme grunge look of this film unless it is for the odd stunning photo. I have tried out against my socks yet the colours are too similar, which lack an artistic contrast. However adding a variation of tone in my wooden man picture, you can see this film work some magic. 


Experimentations 

Hipstamatic 
Jimmy Lens
Ina's 1935

Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

No comments:

Post a Comment