Friday 27 January 2012

John S Lens + Combinations

More often than not I see a lot of John S lens' being used through the publics Hipstamatic compositions. The Field Guide for the app even suggests that it is a great started lens to use which flattering shadows and highlights.
This my first Lens sample post and I will continuing through each, using the suggested combinations from the Hipstamatic Field Guide by my own samples as well as experimenting with some of other films as well.


Hipstamatic 
John S Lens
Ina's 1969 Film


Ina's 1969 Film

What I just love about this marriage of lens and film is how perfect they go together, particularly the way they bring out such detail and texture in this image, I took early 2011. I only used this combination to begin with, before I gathered up some photographic confidence to start using the other lenses and films. I think, however, I will I always come back to this one.


Hipstamatic 
John S Lens
Pistil Film


Pistil Film
Another suggestion from the Hipstamatic Field Guide. This collaboration enhances cool tones and creates a neat and creative contrast between textures on my Panda hat.

Hipstamatic 
John S Lens
BlacKeys SuperGrain Film

BlacKeys SuperGrain Film
I used this film in yesterdays B+W post but with a different lens. This combination with the John S Lens you get a very desaturated look, which creates a moody feel. The dated boarder comes included. I had a go at using the RedEye Flash with this image but it didn't shine through, so wouldn't recommend it as MUST, however in the near future I hope to be posting an overview of the flashes that Hipstamatic have to offer.. I came up with this quick composition called "Mirror Mirror". This is also another suggestion from the Hipstamatic Field Guide for this lens.


I hope to update this post once I have continued to experiment with the John S Lens.
Have any suggestions for combinations? Let me know and I'll be happy to try them out.


Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click here..

No comments:

Post a Comment