Sunday 26 January 2014

Watches and Inanimate Objects Through Time

Watch (2009)
By Zoë Bull 
'Rainbow Watch'
Zoë Bull


I have always enjoyed still life. Before I had any people to photograph, inanimate objects were my sitters and it would often be a snap. As I have grown as a photographer, my snaps have turned into conscious decisions and experiments of position and now introducing lighting.

I wish I had known sooner that artificial lighting wasn't scary. I would only rely on natural light and would be sure that I could work something out to make my images look fantastic. It doesn't mean to say that some pictures don't look great, the sun can be a powerful tool. 'Frosty Leaf' from my last post was entirely natural light. It would look a bit strange if it was on a white background but then it is all about the purpose.

I am in the progress of creating a still life personal portfolio. I enjoy knitting and working in the studio with a photography table gives me a great opportunities to photograph my creations and collect them into a book one day.

The first project is almost at it's completion. I am very exciting and will be posting it on In My Depth of Field and my Flickr page so you can watch it's journey as it goes along.

For now, I have been doing some practice and quite interested in getting into product photography for catalogues and websites. None of the these products are for sale directly from me as I have found them round my house, but you will get the idea.


'Lego Desk-Tidy Man'
By Zoë Bull 



Artist's Wooden Man
By Zoë Bull 


Gispy Moth & Postcards And Suntan Cream
Books By Jean Bull
http://jeanbullswritingblog.blogspot.co.uk 
Zoë Bull 




No comments:

Post a Comment