Monday 10 August 2009

Introduction - Photography Aspirations



Every photographer starts of small, even if their dream and aspiration feels like the size of the world. Patience is the key. Whether there is more well known as you or a famous photographer you aspire to be like; they started off small once.

At the moment I am starting off small. My idea for a photography career only started a few months ago in May at my cousins wedding. I loved the idea for meeting new people and capturing their special day for the newlyweds.

In June 2008 a friend introduced me to Flickr. I wasn't looking to get interested in photography, just something to do in my spare time. My early work is pretty random, there isn't really any aim or anything.

I would experiment with editing tools on Picnik and loved the black and white with a touch of colour edit. My first try with that tool was of a flower. It was okay but there was something that just wasn't right. I had another go exactly a month later after I began my Flickr account and got better results, even a group invited me to add my picture to it "Selective Colour award".


I have continued alot with the selective colour photos and seen and felt my improvement along the way. I also love black and white photos and sepia. I find the classic look very inspiring. Flickr and
taking photos has now
beceome a big part of
my life.




So why did i start a blog?


Well I wanted to follow my photography developments to becoming a photographer. It will take a while to become a wedding photographer but I am sure it is worth the wait.

If anyone is a wedding photographer or wants to become one, it would be interesting to see how you got to that point or why you want to become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment