Thursday 15 December 2011

Commuting through pictures and video...

Did a bit of videography on my commute, one beautiful morning this week. ( You will have to mute the audio from this post to watch this one if you watch this from the homepage)

The song is called Gravity Happens, by American singer and (One Tree Hill) actress, Kate Voegele.

My theme of commuting continues in my first print of my Digital Photography portfolio.



Photography by Zoe Bull 

First semester of University - Over. It seems very surreal and so grown up and sophisticated. I have definitely felt that I have grown up over 2011, but only in the work side. I think I will always be a child inside. 

I will always have the story to tell of how I fell in love with photography. It was yesterday when I was presenting my Digital and Film prints to my course, that I actually fell in love with Photography. Before, it was most likely a Lust or Infatuation - certainly an obsession that I couldn't do much with. It was the day after I left school that I felt this overwhelming lust for it. I had no knowledge of where to go or let alone use a Digital SLR or a 35mm camera. The fact that I have learned so much about Photography in just a few months has made me get to know it and therefore fall deeply and head-over-heels in love with it. They say you can not love a person unless you really know them. I definitely go by that but we are all infatuated to begin with. I feel now that I can start building my skills on a higher level. I am ready to progress and feel so determined to get a career out of this because this is what I want. Photography is what makes me happy. I have never really thought of it as a hobby, but I guess it is. I have always seen it as a little more than that, and now more than ever, I feel like I can work hard and eventually get to being a true professional. 

I shall end this post with a few words of wisdom from Kate, that I find more than inspiring. 

"..I have gathered that the moments that shaped me
Were the ones that have tested my faith
And all that matters is the courage they gave me
I fell down and my fears were erased

'Cause in the wreckage of heartache and hindsight
A new beginning starts to unfold
And if you let it, it just might save your life..."


                                                                -- Kate Voegele, Gravity Happens 

No comments:

Post a Comment