Thursday 7 June 2012

Jubilation, June 2012


Best of British
Zoë Bull

I hope everyone had a fantastic Jubilee Weekend.
It is not often that a monach will reign for 60 years and I felt that celebrating the Queen bought everyone together. Many villages, towns and cities all over the country had street parties and tea parties with bunting hanging from building to building and even on homes. My family had a discussion about this said and agreed that it was like a massive Christmas, New Year, Village Fete, Last Night of the Proms celebration that was all about being British and feeling proud to have a monarch like the Queen. I particularly enjoyed the concert, though I know others may have enjoyed the boat pageant or when the red arrows zoomed across Buckingham Palace as the Queen smiled.  There was something for pretty much everyone to enjoy.

I took some pictures over the weekend that signify what being British means to me, in addition to developing my Lightroom Skills.





Best of British
Zoë Bull


Best of British
Zoë Bull






Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

2 comments:

  1. I always find that big celebrations like this are the only time I actually feel British. It's quite exciting when the whole of Britain celebrates (and when it's in the public eye for a good reason for a change). :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I felt like that too. It was nice to see everyone come together in a country with such an negative outlook.

      Delete