Wednesday 10 March 2010

My first Photographers Assistant job....

It's disturbing how in life we all have many aspirations or general things that we want to do. Half the time when we think about these things we are either at work/school/college and we don't have the time to do it. Eventually when we do have some free time on our hands we would rather just slouch on the sofa,watching tv or playing on the internet. I live on the internet, I really do. Google is just so useful its all I need sometimes, but there is a world out there. We don't want to be cooped up inside all the time, we have our lives to live.
Sometimes we get a lucky break in life and it finally opens the door to what we really want to do.
The photography is going well so far. Stuart has contacted my family about some work that he would like some help with. Despite the fact I was in an exam when he called. I have no contacted him by email agreeing that I accept this offer. It is a wedding, so my Mum told me and it will be my first one. Of course nothing much will happen, I am there to assist, not to run the photography shoot. The event will be this Friday so it is very short notice, but I'm excited. I never thought so quick that I would be able to start work in just under a year of deciding that I wanted to become a Wedding Photographer, but who's complaining.
I know I mentioned in my last post about my work experience actually starting in May, which then would have been a year since my dream was born. It was a pleasant surprise to know that I will get paid for working on this Wedding Shoot, when originally I wouldn't start getting paid until another year or so. I am very very happy. Hopefully I won't mess up and the experience will help me on my way.
assistant



Want to visit my Flickr photostream with the featured photos in my blog and more then click the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brown_eyed_dreamer/

No comments:

Post a Comment